TWO.
-I'm going to miss speaking Spanish all the time. I know I can practice it still at home, but it's not going to be the same as HAVING to speak it 24/7. My Spanish has definitely improved since being here. I find myself sometimes forgetting what a word is in English, but being able to say it in Spanish. The other day when I was studying for my history of art final, I couldn't remember if the word architecture had an "h" in it or not, because in Spanish it's spelled arquitectura. This has happened to me several times since being here, crazy!
-I'm looking forward to my home. My actual house which is home to me. I'm excited to sleep in my own bed and share my room and bathroom with Jo again. I'm excited to walk around my house barefoot and not have to wear slippers everywhere because of the tile floor. I'm excited to take a shower and use the bathroom when I want to. I'm excited to lay on the couch in our family room and just watch t.v. and relax. I even miss the smell of my home!!
Today I had my last final. All of my friends that I've met here were at school the same time as me so we said our goodbyes. That's when it really hit me that this was it. I'm one of the last people to leave in my program. Goodbyes are always the hardest. It's not so hard with the people at ISU because I know I can see them at school, however the other friends I've made here who live all over the US I don't know when the next time I'll see them will be. We just have to remember all the good times we've shared together, and how we couldn't have made it through studying abroad without them!
Tonight Me, Bridget, Christina, and Steff (all from ISU) are going out for our last glass of Sangria. Bridget leaves tomorrow morning at 7 for Madrid because her family is flying in to visit for a week and then she's staying the summer to travel Europe. Steff and I will be headed to Madrid on the 10am bus, and then going to the Hilton hotel near the aiport. Our flight leaves at 6am Thursday morning Madrid time, and we get into O'Hare around 2pm on Friday. I'm really sad to leave Granada, but I have had an amazing time here. I'm happy I have something wonderful to look forward to though after this experience, going home to my family and friends for a great summer.
I'm going to post my number 1's today as well because I won't have internet tomorrow and I'll be traveling all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment