I just had the most amazing weekend since I've been here (besides my trip to Italy)
I met a girl, Jenna from Boston, in my class back in January (she's in my history of art class now as well) and she invited me to go to the beach with her and some of her friends this weekend! I didn't know anyone else going but I thought sure why not, the weather's supposed to be really nice, and I love meeting new people! We met at the bus station at 8:30, and took the 9am bus to a town called Nerja. It's an hour and a half south of Granada, right on the Mediterranean Coast. It's fairly close to Malaga (where I went with my dad.) However, Nerja was 1000 times better than Malaga.
We stopped at the grocery store to get some food and sunscreen, and then hung out at the beach all day on Saturday because the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! There was probably about 15 of us. We met alot of other kids who go to our school in Granada, who had also decided to spend the weekend at the beach. We found a hostel for only 10 euro a person a night, and it had a private bathroom...best deal we've come across yet! And it was only 10 min. walking to the beach! We ate dinner, walked around for a little bit, and then went to bed.
We woke up early this morning to get to the beach by 10:30, it was cloudy at first, but then cleared up and was beautiful by noon! Those clouds will get ya though...I got a little sunburn on the back of my legs from reading :( We spent the whole day there then headed back to Granada again!
I can't even put into words how beautiful Nerja is. It has 3 main public beaches, but also lots of other little beaches to go on that are more private with not as many people. One of the beaches we were at today even had sand volleyball courts! There are palm trees everywhere, and lots of little restaurants/places to buy drinks on the beach. Some of the beaches even had reclining lawn chairs, but they cost money :( I honestly felt like I was in Mexico, or some other tropical place, definitely not Spain. I even found a good gelato place!!! Carolyn, you and Mr. Ferraro would have LOVED the beaches because there were tons of rocks along the shore, and I found so many pieces of sea glass!! (Our family loves looking for sea glass when we vacation in Michigan every summer.) I can't wait to go back here again!!!
**Be sure to check out my new pictures from my trip :)
Well after a fun weekend at the beach, I'm exhausted...the sun really wears you out! I hope everyone at ISU had a fun spring break!!
Next weekend--Tom comes! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment