Sunday, February 15, 2009

BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!

What a great weekend!!

My first 2 days of class went really well! I have 2 classes on Mondays & Wednesdays which are grammar & writing/speaking and 3 on Tuesdays & Thursdays (spanish literature, spanish culture, and history of spanish art) I have a feeling I'm going to love my history of art class because we get to go on field trips to places like La Alhambra, the Cathedral, Arabian Baths and a few other places! The best part about school here is that we don't have class on Friday!!

I'm sorry to say that nothing bad happened to me on Friday the 13th, although here in Spain what Friday the 13th is to the U.S., it's Tuesday the 13th, weird huh?

Saturday was Valentines Day, and even though I didn't get to see Tom in person I was able to skype with him & his family which was fun! He had sent me a package that I received earlier in the week which was amazing :) I got sweet pea bath and body works stuff, my favorite headband I had left at U of I, a valentines day card, a letter and heath bars!!!!!!! Some ISU girls and I went to a Flamenco show at night, it was very impressive!!

This morning we got up early to go to the flea market. It was huge!!! They're known for having big flea markets. I bought a top/dress that'll be cute to wear now and PERFECT for barn dance next year, an Ireland jersey for Tom and a scarf! I went to mass tonight, and it was only like 40 min! Mass is alot more traditional here, there wasn't any music, maybe that's why it was faster? Also, for communion, they don't do it orderly starting with the first row, it's just kind of like everyone gets out of their pews and somehow form a line to the altar.

The best thing about this weekend was checking my email when I got home from the flea market and having an e-mail from Tom with a flight itinerary to visit me over his spring break in March!! I think I'm still in shock, I still can't believe he's actually coming, but I'm definitely SO excited!! He flies in March 21 to Madrid and is leaving the 27. It works out perfectly because a bunch of girls from my program were going to Madrid that weekend to meet up with their boyfriends who were flying in as well! I'm going to meet him there on Saturday, go to a Real Madrid soccer game on Sunday with everyone, and then come back to Granada! I'm going to start planning activities for us to do during the week so that'll definitely keep me busy! My parents come that Thursday before he leaves so it'll work out perfectly that their trips overlap!!

My dad comes this Friday, I'm not sure what we're going to do yet but I'm looking forward to seeing a face from home as well as get some of my summer clothes!! The weather has been absolutely beautiful this past week, 65 and sunny every day!! I heard back home we've gotten some snow, I'm definitely happy we're finally getting this nice Granada weather I've heard so much about!!

Well I think I'm going to get to bed early tonight, another week of school starts tomorrow!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment